Lifeguard Job Description
Classification: PT – Non-Exempt
Reports to: Lead Lifeguard
Pay Grade (2023) $18/Hour (most hours will be in the afternoons between lunch and dinner)
Oversee patron safety at the Lake Retreat waterfront. Maintain waterfront and dock areas.
Lifeguard Job Responsibilities:
• Supervises swimming activities at the waterfront and ensures that policies, guidelines, and safety procedures are followed.
• Warns swimmers of improper activities or danger and enforces waterfront rules and water safety policies.
• Administers first aid in the event of injury, rescues swimmers in distress or danger of drowning.
• Evaluates conditions for safety and initiates aquatics emergency action plan as required.
• Inspects waterfront, dock, equipment, and water to ensure that they are safe and usable.
• Maintains equipment and first aid inventory.
• Ensures that first aid supplies is maintained and that equipment is in good order and placed properly at the start of each shift.
• Clear lily pads or other obstacles from swimming areas.
• Fill out required check lists.
• Attends scheduled lifeguard training and meetings.
• Other waterfront projects as assigned.
Lifeguard Qualifications / Skills:
• Must be or willing to become CPR/First Aid, Lifeguard Certified through the American Red Cross and maintain certification.
• Must be attentive and able to give directions.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs
• Previous lifeguarding experience preferred but not required.
• 18 years or older preferred (those under 18 will be considered on an individual basis).