We are so excited that your church, youth group or organization has booked an event at Lake Retreat Camp. Below are some helpful Guest/Camper frequently asked questions.
- Toiletries (toothbrush, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Other items listed by your retreat organizer
- Please leave all pets, alcohol, marijuana, cigarettes, candles, fireworks, weapons and illegal substances at home
- Please follow all posted signs
- Please do not move or remove any mattresses
- Please stay off the dock unless a Lake Retreat lifeguard is on duty
Please see Lake Retreat's Food Service Policy and then let your retreat organizer know if you will need gluten free options, dairy free options or if you will be packing supplemental food and will need fridge space. (Two weeks notice required)
- Main Parking is located in the gravel parking lot at the entrance of the camp.
- Okerson Lodge has additional, designated parking.
- Although you can unload/load, there is no parking along the main area of campus (on top of the hill).
- Please do not park in Fire Lanes and obey all parking signs.
- Your retreat organizer should specify a check-in time for your group.
- If you come earlier than the designated time, you will be directed to wait and relax in our Fireside Lounge until your leader has checked in and your accommodations are prepared.
- Yes. Lake Retreat has a strict 10 PM noise curfew in order to be considerate to our neighbors on the lake.
- All sound after 10 PM should be contained to inside of a building.
- Yes (although it is not guaranteed), we have wifi in most buildings. Your retreat organizer will be given the password and they can give it out if they would like to.
- If you suspect you left something at Lake Retreat, please email email@example.com and describe your item(s), what room you stayed in, and your contact information.
- If we find it, we will contact you. You can arrange a time to pick it up at our office or we can ship it to you for a $25 fee (plus the postage fee if over $5).
- We do not keep lost & found items beyond two weeks.
- Lake Retreat Camp is not responsible for lost & found or stolen items.
- We recommend leaving items of value (sentimental or monetary) at home.
Most carriers work well at Lake Retreat except for T-Mobile.
- Lake Retreat Camp supplies the lifeguards at the waterfront during the summer season.
- Lifejackets are provided for boating and other activities.
- The dock is closed when Lake Retreat lifeguards are not on duty.
- A swim test is given to all guests. If a swimmer cannot pass the test, they can still use the boats, slide and shallow end.
- Here is a complete list of our Waterfront Rules
Lake Retreat employs a variety of preventative and treatment measures as well as professional help to assist with pest control. For more detail see Pest Control Info.
You must be symptom-free of any flu-like symptoms for 48 hours before coming to camp. This helps to keep other campers and staff from getting sick
- Depending on your group leader, you may receive mail at Lake Retreat.
- Your leader may instruct for all mail to be sent on the first day with along with the camper/guest.
- Lake Retreat usually gets the mail one time each day Monday-Friday.
- Lake Retreat is not responsible for lost, stolen, or late mail.