Thank you for booking an event at Lake Retreat. Below are some helpful frequently asked questions as you plan for your retreat.
If you are NEW to retreat planning, please see our helpful resources:
- Arrival time/departure time
- What to bring (bedding, toiletries, towel, etc.)
- Which building they should go to when they arrive
- 10 PM noise curfew. In order to be considerate to our neighbors on the lake, all sound after 10 PM should be contained to inside of a building.
- Leave all pets, alcohol, marijuana, cigarettes (including vapes), candles, weapons and illegal substances at home
- Follow all posted signs
- Pick up your trash and put it into a trash can
- Do not move or remove any mattresses
- If applicable, here is a list of our Waterfront Rules
- Main Parking is located in the gravel parking lot at the entrance of the camp.
- Okerson Lodge has additional, designated parking.
- Although you can unload/load, there is no parking along the main area of campus (on top of the hill).
- Please obey all parking signs and avoid fire lanes
- Payment (of at least your minimum specified in your contract) should be brought to check-in upon your arrival.
- Please make out your check to "Lake Retreat Camp"
- Credit/debit cards may be used (subject to a fee) if the amount is below $2500.
TWO WEEKS and ONE WEEK before your event (include total count of both staff and guest/camper, include any dietary requests per Food Service Policy at the two week count).
- Please see and share with that guest/camper Lake Retreat's Food Service Policy and then let us know if they will need gluten free options, dairy free options or if they will be bringing supplemental food and will need fridge space. (Two weeks notice required)
- Please give the total number of guests needing gluten free options, diary free options or those needing fridge space TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOUR RETREAT.
- A second count will be due one week before your retreat.
- Activities can be scheduled with a minimum of two weeks notice.
- Depending on the activity, you may need to instruct your guests/campers to bring additional money.
- For options, details and pricing, visit our Activities Page.
- Waterfront is included from 1-4 PM on each FULL day that you stay with us during the summer season (June 16-August).
- Go to the office for check-in. Your host's name and number will be posted on the door.
- At check-in, you will be asked for payment and will go through our check-in process.
- Fall/Winter/Spring Meal Times: 8:00 AM, 12 PM and 5 PM (6:30 PM Friday Dinner)
- Summer Meal Times: 8 AM, 12 PM and 5 PM (If your group is full camp/exclusive use of 250+, you may request to adjust these times)
- Please make every effort to have your group to meals on time.
Yes, please have your guests/campers fill out our Activity Waiver and Photo Release
- No. As specified in the contract, each group must provide its own designated, first aid person/nurse and first aid supplies.
- Please instruct your guests/campers on procedures for medication etc.
- If there is an emergency at the waterfront while it is open, Lake Retreat lifeguards will be the first responders.
- There is password protected wifi (although not guaranteed) in most of Lake Retreat's buildings.
- You will get the wifi password at check-in. It is up to you if you want to give that out to your guests/campers.
- We recommend downloading anything that you would need in order to avoid any inconvenience.
- Day Use guests can be added if you have met your minimum guest count (Day Use guests do not count toward your minimum).
- The Day Use Fee is $35/person/day
- This fee includes up to 3 meals on the same day regardless of the number of meals served or eaten
- Please give the Day Use guest count along with the total guest count two weeks before and again one week before your retreat.
- Lake Retreat Camp does not charge a technology fee and, thereby, does not guarantee any sound equipment or technology, and do not supply sound/tech support. We are happy to loan out our equipment, but if there is something that you know you will need, please plan to bring it along with you to avoid any inconvenience.
- Each meeting space is different but most have either a projector/screen or large screen TV. Please bring your own adaptors and laptop.
- If your meeting space has a sound system then it will be set up with one microphone and mic. cord. All other equipment should be brought with you (i.e. extra mics, cords, instruments, laptop, connectors, adaptors, etc.)
- For more info about your meeting space, contact us at email@example.com
- When it is determined that inclement weather resulting in hazardous road conditions would prevent an event or retreat, the guest group booking will be moved to a new date within six weeks of original event, provided there is space. Lake Retreat may provide different accommodations, but equally sufficient in size.
- Lake Retreat will make every effort to rebook within the six week time-frame, but it may not be possible during certain seasons. Therefore, the camp reserves the right to reschedule the event later than six weeks at Lake Retreat's discretion (but no later than six months of original event date).
- For the rescheduled event or retreat, all terms are the same as original event with the exception of the minimum charge. If the group comes in below the minimum set forth in the contract, Lake Retreat and the guest group will split the difference between the actual number of attenders and the minimum charge (but no less than 60% of minimum charge is due by the guest group). We are happy to split this loss since we understand that moving the event may hinder some guests from attending. And we appreciate your understanding as well. We'd make the weather perfect for every group if we could! 🙂
The “minimum” on your contract is the number of guests that you agree to pay for:
- For instance, if your minimum is 35 guests and your rate is $100 per person, then your minimum charge is 35 x $100 = $3500.
- This means that if you only came with 30 guests, you would still pay $3500 (or 35 x $100). If you came with 40 guests, then you would pay $4000 (40 x $100).
- All guests, campers, volunteers, leaders and staff should be included in the count.
- Payment for at least the minimum is due at check-in when you arrive.
Activities do not count toward your minimum charges.
Day Use Guests do not count toward your minimum charges and can only be added once you have met your minimum.
- If you suspect you have left something at Lake Retreat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your item(s), what room you stayed in, and your contact information.
- If we find it, we will contact you. You can arrange a time to pick it up at our office or we can ship it to you for a $25 fee, plus postage.
- We do not keep lost & found items beyond two weeks.
- Lake Retreat Camp is not responsible for lost & found or stolen items.
- We recommend leaving items of value (sentimental or monetary) at home.
Most carriers work well at Lake Retreat except for T-Mobile.
Lake Retreat employs a variety of preventative and treatment measures as well as professional help to assist with pest control. For more detail see Pest Control Info.
- Yes, Lake Retreat Camp supplies the lifeguards at the waterfront during the summer season.
- Lifejackets are provided for boating and other activities.
- The dock is closed when Lake Retreat lifeguards are not on duty.
- A swim test is given to all guests. If a swimmer cannot pass the test, they can still use the boats, slide and shallow end.
- Here is a list of our Waterfront Rules
- All guests, campers and staff should be symptom-free (from flu-like symptoms) for 48 hours before coming to camp.
- Please let your camp host know if you have a guest displaying flu-like symptoms (diarrhea, vomiting, etc.) so that we can appropriately contain and sanitize any affected areas.
- Your campers may receive mail at Lake Retreat, but we recommend having parents send it along with the campers in order to avoid postage cost, delays, or damage.
- Please instruct senders to clearly label the mail with your camp's name AND dates of the camp (Example: Living Water Camp (8/1-5), Camper's Name, Address).
- Lake Retreat usually gets the mail one time each day Monday-Friday.
- Lake Retreat is not responsible for lost, stolen, or late mail.