We are excited that your child's church, youth group or organization has booked an event/retreat with us. Below are some parent frequently asked questions.
*Please note that the booking organization (i.e. the church hosting the retreat) is in charge of your child's schedule and direct supervision. Many questions will need to be directed to your retreat's organizer or leader.
- Toiletries (toothbrush, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Money for snack shack (food/beverage items are $1, $2, $3 $4 or $5) which is open during swimming time.
- Other items listed by your retreat organizer
No. For safety, Lake Retreat is a closed campus. All visits must be prearranged.
No, all visitors must prearrange a visit if necessary. This should be done through your retreat's organizer/leader and then they will notify the Lake Retreat staff. A $60 Day Use Fee applies to all visitors except for pick up and drop off.
- Please see Lake Retreat's Food Service Policy and then let your retreat organizer know if your child will need gluten free options, dairy free options or if you will be sending them supplemental food and will need fridge space.
- Your retreat organizer is required to give these counts to Lake Retreat no later than two weeks before the retreat.
Yes, here are some helpful rules (your retreat organizer will have some of their own as well):
- Please follow all posted signs
- Please pick up your trash and put it into a trash can
- Please do not move or remove any mattresses
- Please leave pets, alcohol, marijuana, cigarettes (and vapes), candles, fireworks, weapons, and illegal substances at home
- Please stay off the dock unless a Lake Retreat lifeguard is on duty
- Waterfront Rules
- First check with your retreat organizer. Some leaders will have specific instructions about how they want to deal with mail.
- If it is ok'd with your group organizer, send mail with child's name, date of camp and name of group. Example:
C/O Susie Camper - 8/1-8/5 (Faith Church)
Lake Retreat Camp
27850 Retreat Kanaskat Rd SE,
Ravensdale, WA 98051
- Please note that mail may be delayed.
- Please do not send valuables in the mail.
- Lake Retreat is not responsible for mailed items that are lost, stolen or come after the dates of your camper's retreat.
- If you suspect your child has left something at Lake Retreat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your item(s), what room your child stayed in, and your contact information.
- If we find it, we will contact you. You can arrange a time to pick it up at our office or we can ship it to you for a $25 fee (plus the postage if over $10).
- We do not keep lost & found items beyond two weeks.
- Lake Retreat Camp is not responsible for lost & found or stolen items.
- We recommend leaving items of value (sentimental or monetary) at home.
- Lake Retreat's Snack Shack is open to your child's group during their swimming time.
- Food and beverage items are $1, $2, $3, $4 or $5.
Lake Retreat employs a variety of preventative and treatment measures as well as professional help to assist with pest control. For more detail see Pest Control Info.
- Lake Retreat Camp supplies the lifeguards at the waterfront.
- Lifejackets are provided for boating and other activities.
- The dock is closed when Lake Retreat lifeguards are not present.
- A swim test is given to all guests under 18. If a swimmer cannot pass the test, they can still use the boats, slide and shallow end.
- Here is a complete list of our Waterfront Rules
- No. As specified in the contract, each guest group is required to provide its own designated, first aid person/nurse and first aid supplies.
- Please see your group coordinator for procedures for sending medication, etc.
- If there is an emergency at the waterfront while it is open, Lake Retreat lifeguards will be the first responders.
- Your child must be symptom-free of any flu-like symptoms for 48 hours before coming to camp. This helps protect other campers and staff from becoming sick.
- Campers must not have any COVID or COVID-like symptoms and cannot have a current case of COVID-19. See your organization and COVID Documents for further information.