Kitchen 1/Prep Cook
Classification: PT – Non-Exempt
Reports to: Lead Cook
Pay Grade: Hourly
Preparing and cleaning up large meals in a Christian camp setting. Employee must work well on a team and be able to work quickly in a fast-paced environment. Employee must communicate well with guests in a professional manor.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Guest interaction
· Cooking over the stove
· Chopping, dicing vegetable
· Using ovens
· Cooking on griddle
· Opening cans
· Wiping counters and tables
· Washing/ putting away dishes
· Cleaning equipment
· Other duties as assigned.
· General knowledge of kitchen equipment and uses
· Handling knives
· Using brooms and mops
· Lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds
Education and Experience:
• Washington State Food handlers card required
Physical Aspects of the Job:
· Kitchen setting in a Camp and Conference environment.
· Lifting/carrying occasionally of products or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to stand for extended periods of time